August 29-30, 2023
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Fee: Php 8,000 / person plus 12% VAT
- Early Registration Payment: Ten-Percent (10%) Discount if PAID thirty (30) days before the training date
- Group Discount: Five-Percent (5%) on Three (3) or More Participants
This course is a part of the 5 training series prerequisite module for Enhanced Construction Managers’ Training And Certification Program (E-COMTCP).
Project Quality Management is one of the major responsibilities of every organization to ensure that the project will satisfy the needs for which it was undertaken. It encompasses the following processes and activities to establish quality policies, objectives and commitments to meet quality requirements and obtain stakeholder acceptance:
- Quality Planning – the process of identifying quality requirements and standards and documenting compliance to set objectives.
- Quality Assurance – the process of evaluating the quality control tests to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Quality Control – the process of conducting quality control measurements and documenting results to assess performance and recommend appropriate changes.
While the Project Execution Team is focused on the competing constraints of scope, schedule and cost, the objective on quality is usually overlooked, if not over ruled. As a result, the consequences of material/job rejections and non-compliance to specifications lead to enormous project delays and cost overruns. This course is designed to enhance the skills of the participants in conducting Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures to meet project objectives.
Competencies to be gained from the program include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participants will be able to appreciate the significance of Quality Assurance and Quality Control in their projects;
- Participants will be able to formulate and execute a Quality Management Plan;
- Participants will be able to develop checklists or quality control points on major construction activities;
- Participants will be able to identify non-conformance to specifications and establish methods of minimizing or eliminating them;
- Participants will be able to create a detailed inspection and test plan for the quality requirements of the project.
Evaluation Tool Specific to Course Objectives:
Participants should be able to present the following worksheets, and each individual/group presentations will be checked for correctness and completeness, and to be discussed in the class collaboratively to facilitate learning and sharing of ideas:
- The Quality Management Plan
- Quality Inspection or Test Plan
About the Facilitator:
Engr. Ernesto R. Gagto, Jr. is a Registered Civil Engineer and a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP). He obtained his PMP certification from the Project Management Institute based in Pennsylvania, USA, and has earned his diploma course in project management from the Ateneo Center for Continuing Education. He currently runs a project management consulting firm that was accredited by PRC as a CPD Provider. He has thirty-six (36) extensive years of experience in various Geothermal Fluid Collection and Reinjection System, Mine Tailings Dam and Spillway Construction, Hydroelectric projects, Off-shore and On-shore Port Facilities, Roads and Bridges projects, Wind Farm Site Development, Solar Power Installations, Buildings and Grounds, Geotechnical Investigation and Exploration Works, Slope Stabilization Projects, and Materials Testing and Quality Control.
Banco de Oro (BDO)
Account Name: Aguila Group Companies (AGC) Development Corporation
Account Number: 00 543 801 3291
Swift Code: BNORPHMM