May 2-3, 2024
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Fee: Php 8,000 / person plus 12% VAT
- Early Registration Payment: Ten-Percent (10%) Discount if PAID thirty (30) days before the training date
- Group Discount: Five-Percent (5%) on Three (3) or More Participants
The Construction Project Management (CPM) is a two (2) days of training with CPD Credits and also a part of the 5 training series prerequisite module for the Enhanced Construction Managers’ Training And Certification Program (E-COMTCP).
One of the most challenging responsibilities of Project Engineers /Managers in every project is managing the competing constraints of scope, schedule, cost and quality in meeting project goals. Since each project is unique, the approach to managing these constraints may vary depending on the stakeholder’s needs, environmental factors, organizational structure, and other relevant project parameters. This course will provide the appropriate project management processes, tools and techniques in addressing these concerns based on the standards presented by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
This course encompasses the five (5) project management process groups of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and control, and closing within the nine (9) knowledge areas of Integration, Scope, Schedule, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communication, Risk, and Procurement Management.
This course will provide the participants with the foundation and the structured approach to managing projects in meeting project goals, and do away with the “diskarte” system that commonly leads to project failures. This will, likewise, enhance the skills of the participants with the use of globally accepted best practices and standards in project management, and expose them to the same vocabulary and advocacy with international project management practitioners to achieve business excellence.
Competencies to be gained from the course program include but are not limited to the following:
- Participants will be able to analyze and understand where the scope of the project is coming from. Knowledge of the project requirements, assumptions, and constraints are necessary to be able to manage them within the project life cycle.
- Participants will know how to identify and process relevant project information and transform them into Work Breakdown Structures and a Project Management Plan using a globally accepted approach.
- Participants will be able to create a detailed schedule and execution plan to meet project deliverables.
- Participants will be able to create the budget and project cost.
- Participants will be able to set controls on every deliverable to be able to manage changes on time, cost, quality and scope.
- Participants will be able to deliver projects within the bounds of time, cost, quality and scope by using specified project management tools and techniques recommended by the Project Management Institute (PMI) as presented in PMBOK 5th Edition (Project Management Body of Knowledge).
- Participants will be able to close and turn over the project at the client’s and/or management’s satisfaction.
- Participants will be able to define their respective roles as part of the project team. There will be clarity of goals and clarity of roles.
About the Facilitator:
Engr. Ernesto R. Gagto, Jr. is a Registered Civil Engineer and a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP). He obtained his PMP certification from the Project Management Institute based in Pennsylvania, USA, and has earned his diploma course in project management from the Ateneo Center for Continuing Education. He currently runs a project management consulting firm that was accredited by PRC as a CPD Provider. He has thirty-six (36) extensive years of experience in various Geothermal Fluid Collection and Reinjection Systems, Mine Tailings Dam and Spillway Construction, Hydroelectric projects, Off-shore and On-shore Port Facilities, Roads and Bridges projects, Wind Farm Site Development, Solar Power Installations, Buildings and Grounds, Geotechnical Investigation and Exploration Works, Slope Stabilization Projects, and Materials Testing and Quality Control.
Banco de Oro (BDO)
Account Name: Aguila Group Companies (AGC) Development Corporation
Account Number: 00 543 801 3291
Swift Code: BNORPHMM